Halloween Challenge Information
Well, that strange time of year is almost upon us – Halloween. It is a crazy “holiday” for those who are sincere in following Jesus. We don’t like what it stands for. We can’t celebrate demons, the devil or anything associated with evil. But we also don’t want to be so like the Pharisees in Jesus’ time who were such a kill-joy group that we have no connection or influence in our world
So rather than just trying to ignore the holiday, turn out the lights and hide in our homes, we’ve created an alternative to help us fully engage in this most worldly of celebrations. We call it the Halloween Challenge. What we do in our Halloween Challenge is find ways to be the light of Jesus, to be salt and light in what is otherwise a dark holiday. So we engage but do so in the heart and spirit of Jesus. We serve others!
This is best done with your life group or small group, but we’ve also had families in a neighborhood get together and do this as well. Even a family alone could do this. There are many ways to do this. But basically, you set up “shop” right on the driveway or sidewalk in front of your house and love and serve all the folks coming by. Below are some fun ideas to get you started!
- Cookout Hotdogs / Pre-wrap them for Families passing by your house.
- Give out water bottles with your candy.
- Handout Glow Sticks & Necklaces
- Setup corn hole or another game for people to take a break.
- Have a fire pit going with smores!
Show us your pictures!
- We'd love for you to hashtag #halloweenchallenge on all of your pictures!
- You can also print them off and bring them into the main church office.