Why and How To Lead A Group
Group Leaders are important in the Kingdom of God. Jesus commanded us to “Go and Make Disciples of all Nations” (Matt 28:19). As a Group Leader at Pantano, you have an opportunity to disciple the people with whom God has entrusted you. As you share your life, God will naturally give you opportunities to share with and strengthen the faith of those in your group. As group members connect with each other and their neighbors through love, encouragement and living transparent lives, they are able to disciple each other and ultimately bring Christ to the world, one neighborhood or community at a time.
To establish and lead a group at Pantano, there are a few steps you need to take
- Complete the form below, which encompasses where you are in your walk with the Lord, and why you feel called to lead a Group.
- After the form has been submitted, you will be contacted to set up an appointment with a community Group leader to meet together and discuss the details, plans, and expectations for your Group.
- Meet with a staff member to learn how to use Pantano’s Online Community effectively.
Expectations of Group Leaders include (but are not limited) to the following:
- Be an “All-In Partner.”
- Complete Discover Pantano class
- Complete new Group Leader training
- Meet together as a group on a regular basis and submit attendance through Pantano’s Online Community.
- Group leaders at Pantano must have a current Pantano background check.
- Meet with your designated Group Coach on a regular basis.
- Actively oversee the discipling of your Group members.
- Attend Group Leader’s trainings and meetings.
- Participate in occasional mini Connects to share with others what your Group is about and find new potential people for your Group.
- Attend Worship service on a regular basis.