Pantano Student Union
Our Student Union is now a reality! This is the third building project here on the 1755 S. Houghton Rd campus. Thank you to all who have helped make this a reality. Here is some information you might like to know…
• Our middle school and high school student ministry have priority use on Sunday mornings at 9 and 11 AM and on Wednesday nights for groups. Revive, our bilingual service, will use the building at 1 PM on Sundays. During the week, various groups such as our seniors, Women's groups, Bible study groups & classes will also regularly use the space.
• Our 4th and 5th grades will move into the previous student center giving them a better location to meet and make more room for more children in KidZone.
• The new Student Union is 15,000 sq. feet (including 1800 sq ft of storage on the second floor). The high school or worship venue seats 427 people, the middle school or teaching venue seats 328, and the lobby has a capacity of 122.
• The building was made by Sprung. It’s a permanent structure. It has an insulating value of R30. The external skin has a life of 20-30 years and it never needs to be painted, saving maintenance costs. The replacement cost of the outer skin is about the same as that of a normal roof.
• The whole building was designed for low-cost maintenance even with heavy use by students and adults.
• The total cost of the building was $3,045,000. At the time of opening, we still owe $2,300,000.
DONATE TO ROOM FOR MORE
We want to pay off our construction loan as soon as possible so that we don’t have to divert funds from other vital ministries. Please make a generous gift to Room for More. If you’ve already given, thank you! Please consider making additional gifts to move us toward paying off the building. If you haven’t given, prayerfully consider a gift.